IMPROVE YOUR SKILLS...
with the Race Academy
DO YOU WANT TO RIDE FAST ON A CIRCUIT
Do you dream of getting your knee down? Like any technical sport all it takes is some mastery of the technique – it’s something that can be taught to anyone.
At The Race Academy we have courses designed to quickly accelerate your riding ability so that in a few days to you can reach a level that was unthinkable before. This professional training program is suitable for both beginners and advanced riders – we tailor the programme to your skill level so even if you have never ridden on a circuit before you will feel at home at the Academy. Age and experience are irrelevant.
A PROFESSIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM FOR BEGINNERS AND ADVANCED RIDERS
Key elements of the training programme:
- Guidance and instruction from an experienced instructor (One instructor for 3 students on average)
- All levels of skill are supported due to the limited numbers and personal tuition provided on the course
- 1-on-1 instruction available at no extra cost if required
- Race lab theory session to introduce you to important riding principles
- Video of your riding for analysis of your progress with your instructor (DVD provided to take away)
- Electronic timing system to accurately report lap times
- Tyre and mechanical support
- Information on accommodation options near the circuit, and general information about the surroundings of the circuit
- Lunch catering (optional)
HUNDREDS OF INTELLIGENT CIRCUIT MILES IN THREE DAYS!
The training course consists of a full day of sessions which alternate between theory and practice. On average you will get five practical sessions per day riding on track, each lasting about 20 minutes of riding under the guidance of an instructor. After each session video and lap times are used to assist evaluation and analysis during debriefing.
Each student is individually assessed by their instructor against their personal learning plan which focuses on the most relevant aspects of racing technique for each individual.
Between sessions you will receive instruction on the ins and outs of racing technology. This includes mental aspects ("flow"), posture (hanging off), knee down technique, technique for braking into corners and hitting the apex, tension and pressure on the bars, knee-tank relationship, footrest pressure, throttle control at entry and exit of corners, head position in corners, corner entry and exit technique and much more.
Over a three day course this approach nets you hundreds of intelligent circuit miles.
One thing all courses have in common is personal attention as groups consist of up to 3 people. It is even possible to receive 1-1 instruction at no extra cost if necessary. Our instructors are experienced riders, trained in the transfer of knowledge and will tailor instruction to your riding level.